This site is built for current #immjma students if you are not an #immjma student but interested in multimedia or visual journalism – you are welcome to browse the site, and you’ll find some good resources. However many pages are just for students and password protected. If you’d like to find out more about the program head over to our official recruitment site at wwwimmj-ma.org
The global media economy is being transformed. With major changes in the way stories are produced, circulated and consumed, today’s visual journalists and storytellers need new skills to meet the challenges and take advantage of new opportunities.
Students on the one-year MA in International Multimedia Journalism develop essential practical multimedia journalism skills in photography, video, audio, writing, infographics and social media. Students also gain a critical understanding of contemporary trends in the new media economy, while studying in the stimulating city of Beijing.
Based in Beijing, China, with the degree awarded by the University of Bolton in the UK, the MA in International Multimedia Journalism offers a unique, international approach to visual storytelling. See what our students think in our introductory videos on the course.
CURRENT IMMJ STUDENTS
Welcome to your course site, here you’ll find course and module information, plus notes and resources to accompany weekly sessions.
Please don’t forget to check in regularly with the other key related course resources & readings listed here:
- Multimedia Train – http://www.multimediatrain.com
- Contently Page – http://www.multimediastories.contently.com
- The BBC Journalism Academy – http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/journalism
- The BBC News Style Guide – http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/journalism/news-style-guide
- The Depth of Field column – http://www.chinafile.com/depth-of-field
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/immj.ma
PRACTICE & THEORY
- Making Sense of the News: News Literacy Lessons for Digital Citizens Sign up for the course here: https://www.coursera.org/learn/news-literacy
- MultimediaWeek – http://www.multimediaweek.net
- Facebook Group – www.facebook.com/groups/immjma
- David Campbell’s Blog – http://www.david-campbell.org
- News Literacy by The Studio 20 program at NYU http://projects.nyujournalism.org/newsliteracy2016/