The global media economy is being transformed. With major changes in the way stories are produced, circulated and consumed, today’s visual journalists and storytellers need new skills to meet the challenges and take advantage of new opportunities.
Students on the one-year MA in International Multimedia Journalism develop essential practical multimedia journalism skills in photography, video, audio, writing, infographics and social media. Students also gain a critical understanding of contemporary trends in the new media economy, while studying in the stimulating city of Beijing.
Based in Beijing, China, with the degree awarded by the University of Bolton in the UK, the MA in International Multimedia Journalism offers a unique, international approach to visual storytelling. See what our students think in our introductory videos on the course.
Welcome to your course site, you’ll find course and module information, plus notes and resources to accompany weekly sessions.
Please don’t forget to check in regularly with the other key related course resources:
- Multimedia Train – http://www.multimediatrain.com
- MultimediaWeek – http://www.multimediaweek.net
- David Campbell’s Blog – http://www.david-campbell.org
- Contently Page – http://www.multimediastories.contently.com
- Facebook Page – http://www.facebook.com/IMMJ.MA
- Facebook Group – www.facebook.com/groups/immjma
- The Depth of Field column – http://www.chinafile.com/depth-of-field
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/immj.ma
- The BBC Journalism Academy – http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/journalism
- The BBC News Style Guide – http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/journalism/news-style-guide