- 10:00-12:00 Group tutorials (Mengyun’s group & Shuhan’s group)
- 1:00 – 4:00 Reporting and Sourcing– visiting lecturer – Michael Jordan
- 10:00 – 13:00 Group tutorials (Daisy’s, Siyu’s, Lu Qian’s)
- 13:30 – 15.30: Advanced Audio Workshop (Students need to take your audio related gears)
- 15:30 – 16:30 Risk + Ethics & best practice guidelines
REQUIRED READING / TAKS BEFORE CLASS
Please complete these pre-readings & tasks:
- i) Read The Production Brief Guide If you haven’t read this in full by now you must complete this week.
- ii) Take a look at CTGN Multimedia editor, Lester Xu’s, video series: 1.3 Billion and China Startup.
- iii) Read Finding & Interviewing Credible Expert Sources
- iv) Complete the task (outlined in the notes below) for Journalist Jocelyn Ford’s class on sourcing.
- v) Take 45 mins to read through the IMMJ Code of Ethics on Monday evening ready for Tuesday. Please note any questions you have as Rongfei will go through the code in the class.
Time is short but if you could do a little searching to come up with some concrete ideas this will be great – at the very least please consider how you would conduct a search to find the following sources to interview for your story:
- A ‘human face’ – a person who is affected by the story
- Two or more authoritative/experts sources – people who are unaffected but, experts on the subject
- For bonus points you might also think of one more source:
- People who have a stake in the outcome
- People who are involved with the story for any other reason