*Tutors Note, this page is not fully updated. It would be better to separate some of the feature writing and editing notes from feature reporting 1 and place them here in the second session. To do in November 2019 so that students have a valuable resource for self-directed learning.
- 1) Journalists can change the way they build stories to create organic news fluency
- Now you are at the writing stage, think about how to present your story clearly to your audience. A good way to make sure you are delivering your story effectively is to make sure that you answer all these questions clearly and explicitly. When you are copy editing and fact-checking with your partner double-check these questions. Can your partner answer these questions about your story? If not there’s a problem.
- What is new here?
- What evidence is there?
- What sources did you talk to and why them?
- What facts don’t we know yet?
- What, if anything, is still in dispute?